Saturday, September 8, 2007

Introducing Ava Elena Scott




She's here!!! We finally got to see pictures of our baby girl last Thursday, and she is beautiful and healthy!! We can't believe she is ours! She was born August 6, 2007 weighing 5 lbs 13 oz. She was 18 in. long with a full head of black hair, as you can see. :) We've named her Ava Elena... Elena is the Spanish form of Helen, which is my mom's and grandmother's name, and my middle name. In most of the pictures below she is 3 days old. We think she is just perfect.

Please, please pray for her and for her foster family. Her foster mother's name is Telma, and she's married with 2 kids... an 8 yr. old daughter and a 14 yr. old son. She's been a foster mom for 10 years. Please also pray with us for her birth mother, whose name is Ircia. I am struggling with so many different emotions in all of this. I am thrilled beyond words, but my heart is just broken for her mom, who happens to be exactly my age. There was no information given about her dad. Todd is thrilled, too, but is struggling with feeling helpless, and wanting to go down there today and bring her home.

We're told by Gladney that the waiting time is approx. 8 - 10 months. We're hoping we get her sooner than that, most especially before her first birthday!






2 comments:

the harrell's said...

We are thrilled to see your new daughter and can't wait to meet her face to face!! We will pray with you until that day!
Love, the Harrells

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely a precious doll from Heaven. I have been praying for her since I saw her pictures last Thursday, but I just called her "baby Becca" since I did not know what you would name her. I have been praying for her as well as the foster family. I pray each time I think of her for a hedge of protection around her and the family. I pray God's richest blessings on them as they take care of your precious Ava. I will begin to pray for the birth mother as well, that God would give her peace during this time. I love her so much already! God has surely blessed our family with this new addition. Noni