Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wil's thoughts about adoption

When we first asked Wil what he thought about having a baby sister he was very much on board. He, of course, doesn't understand exactly what is going on... he made the comment that we are going to buy a sister from a Spanish school, and he told his Mother's Day Out teachers last week that we are adopting a little sister named Helen from Guatemala who is 2 years old. Probaby the funniest thing he said is that he thinks Jezebel would be a good name for our baby. I honestly have no idea how he came up with that! I didn't know he'd even heard the name. On a more serious note, he is SUCH a sweet big brother to Ben. They are really starting to play together now and I love watching them interact. Todd always tells Wil that his most important job is taking care of Ben, and Wil takes his role very seriously. He monitors every move Ben makes and is sure to tell me if he is breaking any of our rules (like "no eating toilet paper out of the toilet" and things like that). I know he will take very good care of his little sister and I can't wait to see it! I'm a little worried about what Ben is going to think, only because he's so much younger, but I'm sure he will be fine. We're going to do whatever we need to do to make the transition as smooth as possible!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love the things that kids say. He is super funny. He doesn't have a chance NOT to be funny because of the family he lives in. He is a born comedian.

Noni said...

I always love hearing the funny things that Wil says! He will be as good a great big brother to your new addition just as he is with Ben!